Joe Patton is the Senior Partner of the law firm Patton and Patton in Topeka and Lenexa, Kansas, former Kansas State Representative, and a Lawyer with great 5 Star Google reviews.
Raised in Kansas City, Joe moved to Topeka to attend Washburn University, married Cindy, and stayed in Topeka raising their four children and has been practicing law in the courtrooms throughout Kansas and Missouri. Joe is involved with his local church and supportive of the Topeka Rescue Mission an organization devoted to providing shelter for the homeless. You can donate to the Rescue Mission at this link.
When Joe isn’t busy helping the clients of Patton and Patton, he is often watching one his thirteen grandkids play basketball on the weekend or taking them fishing.
Joe decided to become a lawyer as a child after watching Perry Mason TV shows. Joe Patton is a 1977 graduate of the Washburn University of Topeka School of Law (after attending Washburn University for undergraduate work). Since that time, he has practiced exclusively in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and auto accident claims, and workers’ compensation. The focus of Joe’s practice is providing useful information to individuals who have been hurt.
Joe is a frequent speaker, including talks at legal seminars teaching lawyers about the law.
• Kansas Supreme Court
• Federal Courts in Kansas
• The Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
More About Topeka, Kansas, Personal Injury Attorney Joe Patton
Nationally Recognized Awards:
The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys awarded Joe Patton the 2017 and 2018 Top 10 Attorney Award for the State of Kansas.
Additional Awards & Achievements:
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Politics.
- Listed in Who’s Who in the Midwest.
- Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement honoree.
- Speaker and lecturer at Continuing Legal Education seminars.
- Member Topeka Bar Association, Kansas Bar Association.
- Past President, Safe Streets, Advisory Board organizing neighborhoods for the prevention of violent crime and member of the Safe Streets coalition.
- Kansas Elder Law Hotline Volunteer, providing senior citizens access to an attorney.
- Former member Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce, Legislative Committee.
- Former member Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce, Former member of Topeka Partnership for Quality.
- Former member of Small Business & Entrepreneurship Committee of Chamber of Commerce, Go Topeka.
- NFIB: National Federation of Independent Business: The Voice of Small Business.
- Former member of Topeka Corporate Volunteer Council.
- Former member of Volunteer Center of Topeka, Inc. Board of Directors.
- President of the Downtown Topeka Optimist Club.
- Vice President of the NetReach, an effort to address the causes of Homelessness, Hunger, Poverty and Crime.
- Recipient of the Big Heart Award for Telethon Executive Lock-up to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association, 1999.
- Past member of the Board of Directors of Community of One, which works to identify and address barriers to fellowship within our culturally diverse community.
- City of Character Sponsor.
- Past member of the Board of Directors, Topeka City of Character.
- During the year 2000, hosted a radio program on local radio KBUZ dealing with race relations and similar issues.
- Past member of the Board of Directors of El Shaddai Ministries, Inc., which operates a food and clothing outreach center.
- Steering Committee of Jobs Partnership, a mentoring program to create jobs for individuals coming off government assistance.
- Senior partner and founder of the law firm.
- Former member of the Police Citizen Advisory Committee, City of Topeka
- Business Watch, a crime prevention organization of Business men and women.
- Attended “Where We’re At and Where We’re Going” conference, a community assessment of Topeka’s approach to reducing crime, November 8th, 2000, Topeka, Kansas.
- Crime Institute conference, Topeka, Kansas.
- Prevention and Recovery Services Shawnee County Methamphetamine Awareness Project Workshop: Current Trends and Community Prevention Approaches, May 2003.
- Former little league soccer coach, Sunflower Soccer Association.
- Past President of the Downtown Optimist Club, organizing Fighting Childhood Cancer lunch benefit.
- Past member of the Board of Directors of Netreach, an organization to reduce homelessness and poverty, by helping to initiate and sustain transformation in one of Topeka’s more challenged and impoverished neighborhoods, Hi-Crest.
- Volunteer as a mentor with the Netreach Group.
- As a former member of the Kansas House of Representatives Joe served as Vice Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Vice Chairman of the House Corrections and Juvenile Justice Committee, served on the House Health and Human Services Committee, and the Joint Committee on Administrative Rules and Regulations and Chair of the State Claims Committee.